Caravans For Sale

Martello Beach Family Caravan Holidays

Frequently Asked questions

What can my holiday home be used for?

Caravan Holiday homes at our park can only be used for holiday purposes. This means the holiday home cannot be used as your main residence. That is why we ask about your address, your council tax bill and utilities bill throughout your ownership of your holiday home.

How long can a holiday be?

There is no hard and fast rule because peoples individual circumstances vary so much. The point is that someone who is on holiday has their main residence elsewhere they live mainly.

Q. What is a holiday?

A holiday is a period of recreation away from your main residence, during which no work is done.

How frequently can I have a holiday?

There is no limit to the number of holidays which can be taken in the caravan holiday home provided it is not used as someone’s only or main place of residence

Can I work locally and my children go to local schools?

No, as commuting to work or school from Martello Beach Holiday Park would be taken as strongly indicating the holiday home is being used as someone’s main residence.

Can I register with the local doctor?

. People may get ill on holiday and may use the local doctor as a temporary patient. It should not be necessary for someone with a main residence elsewhere to register with the doctor for holiday periods unless they have particular health requirements.

I am retired and want to use the caravan holiday home all the time?

Being retired does not mean you are on holiday. The test is whether you have a main residence elsewhere.

My main residence is overseas. Does this count?

Yes, but all the facts are relevant when deciding whether overseas property or the caravan holiday home is your main residence. These would include whether you own the overseas property or, if it is rented, how long you have rented it for, how much time you spend in the holiday home and how much in the overseas property.

Can I run a business from the holiday home?

Definitely not. This would not be consistent with holiday use. However, if someone wanted to keep in touch with their work or business whilst they are on holiday, for example, they could use a laptop, tablet or smartphone.

Can I have post delivered to the park?

No we do not facilitate this. If post is delivered as a matter of course, this would indicate the holiday home is being used as a sole or main place of residence.

Can I register for Council Tax in order to obtain Housing Benefit?

No. Business rates and not Council Tax are charged for caravan holiday homes. Paying Council Tax or receiving Housing Benefit to pay for pitch fees would be taken as strongly indicating the holiday home is being used as a main residence.

What happens if I break the holiday restrictions?

Your Pitch Licence Agreement with us contains your undertaking to comply with the holiday conditions. If you broke them we would ask you to stop doing so. If you fail to comply, we would be entitled to terminate the agreement and ask you to remove your caravan holiday home from our park. The planning authority might also take action against you for breach of the holiday condition by serving an Enforcement Notice.

Contact Us

If you can't find the information you need in our Frequently Asked Questions section, please contact us and we will be happy to assist.

Our offices are open between 9am - 6pm, 7 days a week.